Position: Finance Coordinator Internship (sponsored by NOHFC)
Contract Length: 1 year
Start Date: TBD
Location: Sault Ste. Marie Campus
Application Deadline: Friday, July 31st, 2020, 4:00pm EST
AUSU is seeking a Finance Coordinator Intern, a one-year contracted staff position whose purpose is to oversee all aspects of financial administration, working closely with the Executive Committee, Board of Directors and General Manager/Office Coordinator to safeguard AUSU’s finances.
The duties and responsibilities of the Finance Coordinator Intern shall include but not be limited to:
- Shall be a signing officer of AUSU on accordance with the Finance policies.
- Shall work alongside the Executive Committee in planning and aligning funds to projects, events and orientation week.
- Shall Co- Chair the Budget Planning and Implementation Committee.
- Shall verify cheques and deposits while ensuring that all approved motions requiring fund disbursements are processed on a timely manner.
- Shall manage and monitor the annual club funding budget line, approval process and bursary funding program including providing assistance to Office Coordinator and VP of Student Life with the affairs of Clubs & Services.
- Shall work with the Office Coordinator in preparing YTD and quarterly financial reports for the board.
- Prepares and delivers deposits to the bank regularly, ensure appropriate supply of cheques, deposit and receipt books on hand
- Processes accounts payables and other invoice expenses, prepares payment requisitions for approval, handle vendor account inquiries
- Follow up on overdue accounts receivables with vendors as needed, escalate overdue accounts to the Office Coordinator and recommend accounts for collection
- Post journal entries for accounts receivables, payables, cash receipts and wages using Quickbooks and Excel spreadsheets, run financial reports and analyze performance metric
- Perform monthly and annual account reconciliations, prepare trial balances, filing, and statements for annual financial audit
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Prepare payments and report for payroll/wages when necessary
- Maintain executive, staff and other board member payroll/employee files and information
- Complete and submit T4’s and other documents for tax remittance purposes, complete corporate tax returns and submit to CRA in a timely manner
- Shall serve a minimum of thirty-five (35) hours per week in the AUSU office during the summer/fall and winter semesters
- Shall perform any other duties that are in the best interest of AUSU as approved and/or mandated by the Board, its By-laws, policies, and/or members.
- College Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Equivalent preferred
- Must be candidate’s first full-time employment in their field of study
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada
- Must be a recent college or university graduate who has graduated within the last 3 years from an accredited institution
- Must not have participated in an NOHFC Internship in the past
- Preference will be given to Algoma University Graduates and/or Northern Ontario Residences
How to apply:
If you are looking for a challenging and deeply rewarding opportunity and you believe you meet the requirements to be successful in this role, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by Friday July 31st, 2020 at 4pm EST.
This one-year contract position offers a Competitive Base Salary of $37,200 per year, a flexible work environment and an Extended Healthcare & Dental Benefit Package. A contract extension will be considered based on performance. Only those advancing to the interview stage will be contacted.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SPONSORED BY: